Thursday, June 5, 2008

Revenge of the Nurple?

"That that don't kill me,
Can only make me stronger"
Kanye West

"Unfortunately, we are not able to offer you a spot on the "A" roster at this time".

That's what I've been reading every time I open my gym and ultimate bags for the last month. It's proven helpful in motivating me to push through an extra set of lifting, run a little faster, and focus more on making perfect throws. Looking back, being cut from Arrested Development turned out to be fantastic. It made me to go to the second and third BF tryouts, which led to me making the BF practice squad.

That's not to say that being cut doesn't still hurt me.
It does.
That's not to say I won't continue to use that e-mailed rejection as motivation.
I will.
That's not to say I won't play my ass off this weekend at CHEO to lead my team to a game against AD.
Bank on it.

Granted, my team, the House of Representatives is in a different pool than AD. The only way we'll face them will be in the finals or consolation finals. Due to the scheduling, we'll have to win at least 3 of 4 back-to-back-to-back-to-back games to make either of the finals, and hope AD does the same. Honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way. The HoR will have seven strong ladies, five experienced men, and one fired up Nurple.

Apparently, the AD coach, who wrote the rejection note, has a sprained ankle, but wants to play on it anyway. I'll have to see if those ankle breaking cuts that Tom taught at BF practice actually work ;-) Kidding. Until next time, happy hucking!

No comments: