"If I played left-handed, on one leg, with my eyes closed, and only handled..."
- My favorite "old boys club" member explaining what it might take for Mahatma to allow them to sub on the fun side of the curtain.
"Rumor travels faster, but it don't stay put as long as truth."
- Will Rogers
Two great quotes; one from the week I missed, and one for the week that mercifully ended. Before I forget, vendetta, vendetta, vendetta! (If I have time in the next two weeks, I was thinking about inserting popular search words and names in random archived entries...purely for my own amusement). Onto the ramblings...
- I learned an important lesson from Monday's workout: No matter how much stronger I've got this winter, I won't try to keep pace with someone who's naturally stronger than me.
- Instead of taking it easy on Tuesday, I proved my stupidity by pushing myself through an arm workout that left me spent for Wednesday's game. Clearly, I'm an iid-iot for life.
- The high-light of Wednesday wasn't the playoff game (that rather sucked), but was bumping into GLUM Ford on the bus and shooting the shit with him from Bank to Billings. He had this hilarious quote that I shared with a few of you, and kept me thoroughly entertained with his thoughts and anecdotes.
- As for the game, as (foolishly) predicted, we lost to Girls/Cup. They played a smart, physical game, and really ramped up their intensity. My sincere congratulations to the victors...
- Low-light: After hearing about one of my team-mates blaming himself for the loss, I almost laughed, knowing full well that my throw-aways, decision-making, and allowing my man to burn me for two scores more than equalled the margin of defeat. Ultimate is a team game, but reality is that I didn't step up when my team needed me to lead. Sorry guys.
- High-light: *scratching head* Developing a close and personal relationship with the turf at FCS before it most-likely gets pulled up next fall when Melynk gets his f-ing downtown soccer stadium?
- It's that time of year when countless rumors fly around about who's playing what, who's trying out, what the captains are looking for, and the like. As the the second quote this week indicates, I'm not a fan of rumors (although I don't mind the ones linking me to ulty hotties who are clearly out my league), but did hear an interesting one about a superior blogger (and player) starting an Open team. Giving 20 extra guys from Ottawa a chance to show their stuff could only be a good thing.
- Limped through Michelle's class on Thursday. If only my "competition" was there so that I could have showed them up on the t-sprints/agility ladder/everything ;-)
- We lost on Friday to the first place team that we had defeated the week before. As a captain, I was very proud of the fact that we never gave up, and faught til the last point had been thrown (<- highlight). Low-light was taking the game a little too seriously...afterall, this is Friday night ulty.
- After having a BFC-er break me with a beauty scoober for a score, I asked the best trick thrower/catcher I knew to teach me to scoober today. In less than 5 minutes, he had me throwing some respectable swill, that I plan to try out this Wednesday.
- Feel better after today's workout. Didn't push quite as hard, and am closing in on squatting my body weight (next week???).
One of the few important frisbee-related things I did this past week was fill out my tryout application. The three boxes in the 'Preferred Position' question were tricky...and I'm currently regretting not asking one of the captains a question before hitting 'Send'. Ah well, c'est la vie. Until next time, happy hucking!
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
nice quote :P
You also don't like rumors? ;-)
Post a Comment