"I wonder how's it gonna be, when it goes down?
How's it gonna be, when your not around?"
Third Eye Blind - How's it Gonna Be?
It's bittersweet to write the last set of IID predictions for the year. Bitter since Wednesday night ultimate won't be the same after the FCS Dome management vowed to jack up costs 50% next year (if OCUA decides to committ long-term). Sweet since I'm tired of writing predictions and taking flack for my blog. Since the wrestling theme proved popular last week, and because I had three annual reports waiting for me in the mail tonight, this week's theme will be equally easy 'numbers'.
Ocho by 8 over Threezerburn
In what I erroneously predicted would be the championship game, expect the offensive juggernaughts of Ocho to cruise to an easy win over the Chow-less Threezies. Why you may ask? Even an iid-iot for life knows that 8 > 3. Further justification can be found when accounting for Ocho's 13th man, who's coaching prowess is unsurpassed in IID ranks. Plus, Ocho's Laysoutfrequently looked mighty impressive last week wowing his oppoents with his 24-inch calfs. In the Threezie's defense, their highest LeagueWonder ranked player is out of action in what can only be described as a sock-related accident.
Cup to out rank Army
When all the IID marbles are on the line, expect Cup's 4 girls (Mush will be there in spirit) to shine like the former and future comp players they are. I'd even go as far as to venture that Cup wins with 25 points (a number that will be "flipped" this summer on a BF jersey). Keys to victory for the Cup will be controlling their '8' (does that make him twice the player as Chow?), and captain '7' leading the way like he has for the past 2 weeks. Well into his Carlsberg years, Downtown Dave Brown had a great quote last week about the Army having 12 weapons. Although this is true, I'm expecting a misfire tomorrow night, something that never happens to Army's Matt-snap Thomas when he's taking pictures.
Grey on universe over 2x12s
Assuming age is more important than beauty when it comes to frisbee, count on Grey to inch out 2x12s in what will be the closest game of the night. Grey has four of the most-underanked '5' women in the league, while 2x12s has 3 fairly ranked 5s, and 1 awesome MC ;-) As you can probably guess, I'm also a huge fan of the 2 best captains in IID (with all due respect) when it comes to developping their players. It's been an up-and-down season for 2x12s, and I think their best chance of an upset will be using their towering 6'4 Tree and my soon-to-be summer team-mate Poulitdown (and his 20+ inch vertical) to their gravity defying limits.
Hammers to throw 24x more swill than Kiddies
Despite bribing the Almighty Mahatma (make sure to thank him when you see him tomorrow night) with 2 chocolate chip cookies last week, he threw the 7th place 'chumpionship' game in the 12am timeslot. Ah well, considering my favorite kiddie has a milestone bday to celebrate, and MamaFish devised a 100% fool proof (...but is it Nurple proof?) plan of wearing purple garb this week ("purple > black > red > blue > white "), both teams are bound to have fun. My 'lucky 25-cent peice' is on at last 1 side bet, 5 or more potential quotes of the week, and too much slagging for the game's two equally sexy CMAs to count.
Predicted Quote of the Night:
"Yo 55! 25 is making you look like RPA v1.0 out there!"
- 24
There's 39 minutes of my life I will never get back :P I'm off to hit my tub of ice cream and box of Oreo cakes in an attempt to gain back the 8lbs I lost over Easter...damn 24 hour flu! Until next time, happy hucking!
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment