Monday, September 1, 2008

A Week Without Ulty...

"You gotta have rain, to have rain...bows
You gotta have dick, to have a dick in your mouth
You gotta skin a rich kid, to wear a rich kid suit
And you gotta know by now, I think you're cute."
The Moldy Peaches - Rainbows
(Dedication - To a cute and seemingly oblivious ulty girl)
(Warning - Don't download this song if you're easily offended or dislike catchy tunes)

How desperate was I for an ulty fix during my first week off? I briefly considered going to the Firebird fall series tryouts. Yah....that desperate. Since I can't be only one going out of mind during the two weeks between summer and fall league, the below list seemed appropriate.

Top 10 Ways I Killed Time Between Ultimate Seasons
10. Found replacements for the cleats I blew out last summer (but not on Gaia online since they don't have sizes 9.5 through 10.5 *sigh*).
9. Hit up a wedding with an open bar and considered how great it would be if my team-mates were there.
8. Prepared my fall pump up CD to listen to on the way to my games.
7. Hit up Value Village and bought 4 brown t-shirts for my fall team.
6. Took Glen's advice and started working on short quick burts by running intervals.
5. Browsed the OCUA forum posts looking for anything interesting and/or slag worthy.
4. Added / got added by a couple of team-mates on Facebook to keep in contact with them.
3. Went to the first of three ultimate team parties (prediction - Fish party will blow the other two out of the water).
2. Tossed a couple of times with an awesome fishy.
1. Planned out my fall tournament schedule.

Ok, a couple interesting tidbits that might not be obvious from the list above.
* I found out the roster for my fall team, and holy crap I'm excited! Not only am I the lowest rated the guy on the team, it's probably safe to say I'm the only one who hasn't been to Nationals. All four of the Fish captains are on the team!
* Who's got Spirit? Apparently me! :) I get to play Ottawa's premier fall tournament with BigFish! Totally unexpected, but what a thrill it will be to join the team for its last tournament of the year.
* I'm psyched for the Fish ulty party next week. Not being a big party guy, I'm still really looking forward to getting together one last time with the team.

C'est tout pour ce soir. Je dois preparer pour demain matin. J'espere que vous avez bien vous amuse ce fin de samin passe. A la prochaine fois, joyeux hucking!

No comments: