Thursday, October 9, 2008

To all the turkeys out there...

"Don't sing it. Just bring it!"
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

This week's recap comes to you early, and is brought to you by the letter "T" – which stands for "Turkey"... and that's good enough for me!

- Employee of the Month got blown away by Ragin' on Monday by a score of 15-7. This might come across as the lamest excuse ever, but, I swear we had too many players. All nine men showed up (with the sole exception being super sub Jon). Personally, I didn't break a sweat, which is not a good thing.
- High-light was getting to handle in horizontal O with Gavin and Julie a few times. With the talent we have on EotM, getting a chance to handle at all is surprising. However, getting a chance to handle with two of the best in the city is an exceptional opportunity.
- Low-light was not getting to match up against Glenn and Damian as much as I would have liked. Knowing Glenn's aptitude to trash-talk me during games, I fired the first shot on Facebook which he replied to during the first point we were on the field together by body checking me. I love matching up against great players, and not having a chance to try to shut down Glenn and Damian often was a let down.
- Tuesday's KJ workout with the Fishes was productive. After dishing out for a tasty gelato last week, G made us all workout books to track our progress this week. If you need to ask what color mine is, you should first read my ultimate accessories post.
- Wednesday was a big day in that I got my IAD tryout notification. When you're enjoying your thanksgiving turkey next Monday, I'll be busting my ass in hopes of impressing the Persian Kingpin.
- On a serious note, I'm super pumped for tryouts. Seeing some of the names on the list makes my competitive juices flow. Even though I think the selection process is a complete sham, I'll guarantee that I'm leaving it all on the field Monday night. For that matter, when the near-inevitable happens, and I'm told I'll be back in good old IID this winter, I'm planning to dominate the way Ahmad did all last winter proving that IAD is the equivalent of an "old boy's club".
- To bastardize the name of one of my fellow-tryouties and team-mate from last winter: K. Bringiton!
- On a related note, if any readers feel like throwing Friday night or on Monday, you know how to contact me.
- Thursday class with....#24 on BFC....(seriously bad with names)....was awesome. Did a great core workout, some body weight resistance, and a downward push-up ladder from 9 that felt easy. My partner wasn't quite as enthusiastic about the push-ups...but ah well...he just gave me some extra rest time in between reps.

On that note, I'm off to worry about IAD tryouts for the next 4 days :P Even though deep down I know I have what it takes, it's a matter of showcasing my strengths while contributing to my scrimmage squad's success. I've put in so much work both on and off the field to get ready for these tryouts, I've progressed quite a bit from last year, but still...there's a shread of doubt that keeps nagging at me....reminding me of my awful Fish and Arrested Development tryouts last spring. Ugh, don't think I'll be able to enjoy my thanksgiving weekend....*sigh* Sigh.

Until next time, happy hucking!

No comments: