"I really can't stay - Baby it's cold outside
I've got to go away - Baby it's cold outside
This evening has been - Been hoping that you'd drop in
So very nice - I'll hold your hands, they're just like ice."
Frank Loesser - Baby It's Cold Outside
Not only is it cold outside, but OC Transpo buses are poised to stop running due to a strike as of 12:01 Wednesday morning. How will this impact tomorrow's IID games? Glad you asked ;-)
Army of Darkness vs. Threezerburn
If I have to walk home tomorrow night, I'm tempted to stop by FCS and check out what promises to be an exciting game. ChowareyouSTILLonlya4inLeagueWonder assures me he's getting healthier each week, BUT his team-mates on Threezerburn are obviously suspectible to the cold weather. Since many of them will probably have to walk to the the Dome tomorrow, I'm expecting the Army of Darkness to operate well without the bus headlights disturbing their triumphant march. Plus, the Army's star handler, "Downtown" Dave Brown won't have too far to walk to the dome. I'll take Army's hot offense to toast Threezerburn's ice cold D.
4 Girls 1 Cup vs. 2 x 12s
There's no snow, cold weather, or striking bus drivers in hell...and that's why I'm expecting a huge game from El-Diabolo Mackalacka as 2 x 12s prevail over 4 Girls 1 Cup. Furthermore, even if 2 x 12s offense did cool off, they have 2 12s to get that Molson Canadian fire back in their bellies. An interesting sidenote about this game - I'm relatively sure that I ended up at a party last weekend at one of the team's players. It was rather 4 Girls 1 Cup's Flyin' Ryan Benson or 2 x 12s' Benson Go4broke. Either way, they had a keg and a comfy couch, which makes both Bensons cool with me.
The Ocho vs. So You Think You Can Hammer?
Here's what I know about the Ocho:
1. The Almighty Mahatma considers them to be one of the two strongest teams in the league (along with Children of the Corn).
2. They have a cool name
3. They're going down tomorrow night.
Yea, you heard me, I've decided to talk trash and let my talented team-mates back me up ;-) Think of me as the idiot union head, who doesn't think twice before blurting out outrageous statements! Seriously, it'll probably be a close game, but I don't see how a bunch of players I haven't even heard of can beat us. It'll be a privledge handing Ocho their first loss of the season...by ocho points.
Children of the Corn vs. Grey
Grey's Deefense CanWaite had an awesome quote last Friday night before our two team's squared off: "I didn't show up for Grey's first two games, and we got hammerred. I showed up for our last game, and we tore it up!" Having caught a couple points of what was a painful game to watch, Deefense CanWaite did in fact tear it up last week, but it also helped that the awesome Grey player I mentioned in my last set of predictions played more at their natural position. Having said all that great stuff, my money is on Pistol Pete and his merry band of OJs and soon-to-be-Open stars to win by a landslide. Why you may ask? Grey will be concentrating on the grey side of the transit strike...and won't know what happenned until Low-Release Goodkey skubers a white and red frisbee over their helpless heads into the endzone for yet another point quicker than an OC Transpo bus pulling away from the curve leaving riders stranded in a snow storm.
Predicted Quote of the Week:
From more than one IID player after getting burned on D: "I can't run. I just spent the last hour walking...damn OC Transpo!"
On that note, I'm off to catch a couple Z's before a relatively early morning tomorrow. Although I have a drive lined up, I'm still worried about the crappiness of the weather, and the nightmare parking downtown. Until next time, happy hucking!
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment