"I'm coming back... what do you want to discuss?"
- Sports Management Steve
I've mentioned in the past how much I enjoy reading Steve's superior blog, so I'm very happy to see he's finally back from his honeymoon and blogging again. With the OC Transpo strike, and work being crazy, it's nice to have some interesting posts to read outside of the Gelato- Star's entries. As for what I've been up to in the last week, see below...
- Tuesday, pre-bus-strike, the week day Fish four decided we'd henceforth change our workouts to Monday so as to allow for maximum recovery before Wednesday games. With that decision being made, a couple of us still managed to get through three super sets of KJ's new workout routine on Tuesday.
- Wednesday was tough. Not only did the OC Transpo strike start, we played the second best team in IID on a day where I had zero energy. Although I've promised to provide an overview of my IID team, I still don't feel comfortable doing that. What's super frusterating is that I feel we're the second most talented team in the league...and yet...we haven't meshed at all. This was obvious when we lost to Ocho 21 - 15.
- On the plus side, we proved we could hang with a top team, having tied the game at 15s with ten minutes to go.
- On the negative side, we imploed in those last 10 minutes. Personally, I threw away two passes, and got burned on D in that critical period of the game. Up until that point, although I didn't play perfectly, I was pleased with my decisions and execution (especially with the Almighty Mahatma on the sideline). Those last ten minutes were almost enough to make me cry...(I sound so emo *lol*).
- Thursday....got a great email from one of my Wednesday team-mates. We're both frustrated with how things are going, but have no plans to go into the holiday break with a loss to ChowareyouonlySTILLa4inLeagueWonder's team next week.
- Friday....*sigh*...locked my one set of car keys in my trunk 2 hours before game night. Was supposed to go downtown to a welcome back shin dig for a former Fish....but...I'm an idiot.
- After arriving to the dome flustered on Friday night, it was nice to have my co-captain take care of the sub situation, and all the captaining duties. All I wanted to do was run off my frustrations :)
- We lost to the coordinator's team 18-17. We're so close to securing our first win, but just can't seem to get over the hump. On the flip side, everyone seems to be having a blast...and isn't bummed about going winless in our first 4 games.
- Personally, I threw too many passes away (6ish) and had 3 drops.
- On the plus side, I ran my frustrations away....and felt great afterwards :)
Before I forget, I had a good time at two ultimate parties last weekend. Not being a big party animal, it was cool chilling at the parties with like-minded ultimate peeps.
On that note, I'm off to bed so I get up in time for my freaking car pool tomorrow. If anyone wants to know what I'm wishing for this Christmas, it's that the City of Ottawa and the ATU work out this damn transit strike. Until next time, happy hucking!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment