"Purple is the new black in fashion."
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08278/916291-463.stm
As for the above article, let me be the first to say "I told you so!" Onto this weeks' games.
2 x 12s vs. IID 4
I feel sorry for team 2 x 12s. After being thoroughly crushed by team 4 last week, I can’t see them losing any time soon. Between the ex-OJs, Pistol Pete, and Bo (who knows smart ultimate), this team will continue to win until they are destroyed by promotions and Mahatma’s annual redistribution of assets. Even with captain Salmon scouting his opponents, 2 x 12s chances of keeping this close are slim. Maybe forum frequenter Steve can use his vast rules knowledge to uncover a mercy rule when the lead gets past 15?!? My only advice to team 2 x 12s is to consider bringing a couple 12 packs, or even 24s to the game….to drown your post-game blues.
IID 5 vs. Ocho
This should be the closest game of the week. If “Downtown” Dave Brown has finished his work on one of the best ultimate magazines ever (and I’m not just saying that since I’m a blurry speck in a picture), he should lead his troops to a narrow defeat at the hands of Ocho. Yes, that’s right, I’m finally giving Ocho the respect they deserve. After two convincing wins, it seems that Josh the bearded Mormon has his squad playing an exciting, fast-paced brand of ulty. Or it could be that Josh’s co-captain “Iron” Rob Tyson intimidates the men on opposing squads with his facial tattoo? Team 5’s bright spot will be the bonsai-loving prognosticator who will be leaving nothing on the field before heading off to Hogtown for a new job in January.
IID 3 vs. Grey
Having caught a bit of Grey’s second consecutive loss, I can’t help but feel a little sorry for them. Not only due to their lack of height, but…at the risk of being a tad controversial… their best “player” is handling as opposed to cutting. Don’t get me wrong, IID is about developing skills, but, it kind of sucks that this individual isn’t dominating the way they could as a striker. After watching a bit of team 3’s game last week, they appear to be underachieving in an effort so as not to be blown apart by the great Kamasutra ;-) Seriously, team 3 is missing a couple handlers, and will prove deadly if the post-holiday shuffle adds (lanky *hopefully*) handlers to their squad. Look for team 3 to dominate Grey unless a naturally born cutter / striker performs this vital role.
So You Think You Can Hammer? vs. 4 Girls, 1 Cup
Admittedly, I’m not a huge fan of our name. It could very well encourage me to throw hammers! Although 4 Girls, 1 Cup is probably better than I've been giving them credit for, I still think this will be a relatively easy win for my team. Mama Fish has promised us plays before Wednesdays game, and the team will be fired up after last week's crapfest. Also relevant is Daryl Go-Go-Gordon's yearning to prove his handling dominance against Michael "Stop Calling Me Brian(…James)" O'Hare. Giddy-up will be off to the races against such formidable foes as CHo and Laurie Snookstobeyou. Just so I can break out a cool nickname, I'll predict huge things from Iam Ketchupson on the opposing team. Here's a uni-ballsy prediction: we'll take this game by double digits!
Predicted Quote of the Week: From any (or possibly many) team-mate(s) on So You Think You Can Hammer? – “You played better this week.”
Since my mind isn't on ultimate right now, but instead a job interview that I'm studying for, these picks could prove to be less than accurate. Having said that, I'm planning to have some fun Wednesday night in the "Rat's Ass" timeslot, and contributing to a win for my team. Until next time, happy hucking!
Monday, December 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment