Sunday, May 4, 2008

Cut....but....

So after playing a bit better again today at BigFish tryout #3, I got a call tonight from Gavin (one of the captains), who explained I didn't make the team...BUT....they'd like me to practice with them this summer! :-)

Considering how absolutely crappy this week has been (ultimate and non-ultimate), I'm ecstatic with the end result. As mentioned in a previous post, I didn't expect to make BigFish after less than two years of ultimate. Having stunk up the joint at the first tryout, I was happy to play better in the last two tryouts, and was able to identify what I'd like to work on this summer (decision making on offense, and man-to-man defense). Getting a chance to practice with the team, and play against players at that level, and learn from some of the best ultimate minds in Ottawa....damn...I feel so lucky!

My weeks this summer are shaping up to be BigFish practices on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and Urban Sprawl on Fridays. Best case scenario! Till next time, happy hucking!

No comments: