Soooo....this has been a pretty tough week. Despite having an ok tryout with the intermediate team on Wednesday, I didn't make the roster. Granted, there were only six spots open for guys, so I shouldn't be too down about it, but I thought I played well enough to claim one of those six spots. There's talk of a "B" team, if they can find enough ladies who are interested, and I'd know the captain since I played with him at a tournament once....but....I'm not really sure what I'll do. There's something tempting about only playing ultimate two nights a week this summer, and taking it easy. I've been thinking of trying to get back into running...or maybe playing beach volleyball.
Just had the BigFish tryout #2 this afternoon. It didn't go so bad. They officially split us up in the "A" group (BFC - the A team) and the "B" group (BigFish). I definitely did better at the drills today, which is a plus. My body was so cramped up, that I wasn't much of a factor in the scrimmage. Had a few nice cuts though, although I'll have to tighten up my D tomorrow. Which is the other bit of news. Since they still haven't made any cuts, I get to go to the third tryout tomorrow. Hope my body can recover a bit tonight, since I might still have a shot at making the team as a cutter....who knows....
To be honest, I'm a little down about not making the intermediate team. It helped that shortly after finding out on Friday about not making the team, I was able to go out and toss with Urban Sprawl for about an hour. I'm not sure how that team will be this summer. We lost two of my favourite guys from last year (Gilles and Luc), and John doesn't seem to be back either (the originator of the Purple Nurple name). Although there's a girl from IID who joined our team. Plus one of the new guys seems to have a really nice backhand....maybe I'll ask him for help with mine.
Well, I'm exhausted from all the drills and scrimmage. So I'm going to sign off and nap a bit. Until next time, happy hucking!
Saturday, May 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment