Top 10 Ultimate Perks
1. The year-round perma-tan.
2. An enhanced understanding of physics (i.e. centripetal force, Newton's 3rd Law, etc.).
3. Expanded knowledge of anatomy gained through researching injuries.
4. Swill throws can be used to impress friends, family, and the ladies.
5. Scars, bruises and turf burns are good conversation pieces for the watercooler at work.
6. Navigating Ottawa is simple after searching for hidden, isolated OCUA fields.
7. Meeting some of the most entertaining, crazy, strange characters…period.
8. Improved negotiation skills gained from arguing rules calls.
9. Sensitivity to changing wind conditions will endear you to kite flying nephews.
10. Expanded social circle includes passionate, athletic, and "unique" individuals.
Ulty Randomness
- BigFish practice #1 is in the books. Thank god I'm starting to loosen up a bit and actually catch tosses again. I'm still throwing tight, and need to memorize one play in particular, but I was relatively happy with my performance. Rather than screwing up on one play, at least felt like I fit in out there tonight.
- So as not to divulge any team secrets, to keep track of what I'm learning, and since a buddy of mine was nice enough to lend me similar notes from 2005, I've decided to keep a practice journal. Since I'm one of those people that learns as much by reading as by doing, this should help me improve.
- I decided to order a white and red set of BF jerseys for motivation. Two jerseys gives me one for my gym/running bag and one for my ulty bag. They'll serve the same purpose as the printout of the e-mail I got telling me I didn't make the intermediate development team. Regretably, I couldn't get #13 (there's 12 guys on our roster), or #0 (Gilbert Arenas reasoning), but I ended up with #55. If any of you want to know why #55, ask my little brother to explain. Thanks for the great advice on number selection Andrew!
- Couldn't help but catch some of the league game that was taking place on the field next to ours tonight. I think it was Gavin that said that league will feel so different after you get used to playing in a system. After seeing how disorganized the teams looked playing tonight, it makes me agree with Gavin and wonder about tomorrow night.
- Speaking of which, Urban Sprawl has drawn the Dirty Birds for our first game of the season. We should be without our best player in the first half, but I'm not too worried. Although we split our two games last year, we killed them in the second game....and I remember their weaknesses. Does it make me a bad person that I plan to exploit those weeknesses tomorrow?
- Chris offerred me a spot on his CHEO team. Think I'll take him up on that provided there's no chance that the Fish are putting in a team in that tourny.
- Speaking of Chris, looks like Poached Motel is ranked 20th heading into the season. It might sound meh-ish, but 20th on Monday is very impressive. Just hope one of my two orange shirts arrive before the game Monday.
C'est tout pour ce soir. Je vous souhaite un bon fin de semin. Until next time, happy hucking!
Thursday, May 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment