Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I've Been Owned

It takes a big man to admit defeat....or a skinny one with a non-existant ego :P

Steve's an experienced, talented, friendly, open player from Ottawa, who's ulty blog is amazing.

http://canadaultimate.blogspot.com/

One of my "mysterious" readers emailed me to say I was a tad unfair to Open players in my 'Defending Mixed' post. For the record, individually, Open players are uber talented, uber friendly, and uber helpful. Steve's a great example of that. He captained our team in an indoor Open tourny and basically guided me and another relative newbie through some finer points of the game without making us feel like morons. Without him taking the time to break things down for me, there's no way I would have registered for the same tourny this year. He also worked with me on my backhand and told me about ultimatehandbook.com (might not be the right link) at a clinic last summer.

Sidenote - After meeting the Big Fish roster tonight...I'm very impressed. It'll be hard not to improve when I'm surrounded with that much talent two days a week. My only regret is that I was ridiculously hungry by the time the meeting ended at 9pm, since I hadn't eaten since 11am. I know I should have stuck around and socialized, but...my growling stomach and light head told me a quick trip to Pita Pit was more important. Bad decision? Yes. But passing out from hunger seemed like a distinct possibility.

Anyway, why read an inferior blog when you can read Steve's? Until next time (???), happy hucking!

No comments: