After putting it off for a few days, I sent an email to the captain of my Tuesday team and copied my favourite teammate from last summer (Chris Rootham). Even though it was easy to logically explain how practicing with Big Fish was a better opportunity, emotionally, I felt awful about leaving Chris since he went out of his way to mentor me with my handling last summer. Plus, Amanda is such a great captain, and was so appreciative when Chris and I picked up mid-last summer with the team and led them to a 7-1 record.
Luckily, Amanda was very supportive of my decision, and the door is open if I ever catch a case of Disco Fever on a free Tuesday. Even better, Chris was totally understanding of my decision, and offerred me a spot on his Monday team. Although playing/practicing four days a week will be tough, I couldn't turn down a chance to play with Chris on a tier 3 team. I noticed there's a speedster from IID on the team as well, who will give Chris and I an impressive striker.
Sooo.....as the title of the post indicates, come Mondays this summer, if you happen to find yourself down at the end of lonely street, feel free to visit me at the Poach Motel! Until next time, happy hucking!
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment