Yo Newbies,
Yup, I’m the guy who bitched about being cut from IAD. After practicing twice a week all summer, competing in multiple tournaments and playing on some strong league teams, I mistakenly thought that I deserved a spot on center court this winter. While being disappointed, I apparently called the coordinator a “tool” in one of the post-cut entries. Even though I subsequently apologized to him, Marko my mistake justified sending you here to laugh at my emo-ramblings.
As explained in a message to my dream coordinator / man-crush (because obviously mentioning him a couple of times makes me gay…which is apparently an insult), the only two ways I thought people could find my blog were from a link off my Facebook site or through a friend. After installing a hit-counter in early February, I quickly realized that despite specifying I didn’t want the blog to be searchable by search engines, it had been. The kind folks on the Blogger technical support team have assured me that this issue has been resolved.
Three points are worth noting.
1. A multitude of ultimate players in Ottawa, Canada, and around the world have better blogs. These sites are authored by superior players, writers, and commentators of the game. I highly recommend you leave, and use one or more of these other resources.
2. I know of about 20 to 30 friends who read my blog. Having to explain why the URL changed to these individuals isn’t worth my time.
3. One of the benefits about getting older is that you care less and less about what others think of you. Being comfortable in my own skin, I couldn’t give two fucks about what Marko thinks of me.
Honestly, there’s a strong temptation to take a shot back at Marko. Instead, I’ll admit that I was always a fan of his writing, his game, and the fact that he contributed to the development of the league. Since my hit-counter showed that many readers enjoyed searching my blog, I can assure you there’s an older entry that confirms the previous statement.
If you want to stick around, I don’t care enough to stop you. Be warned that I’m far less controversial and entertaining than Marko makes me out to be. I’ll even agree that my ultimate parody songs pale in comparison to such memorable ditties as ‘Happy Feet’ (which I often hum to myself when a travel is called). Who knows, maybe you’ll see me on the pitch at some point in the future, where you can witness firsthand how much I suck.
- James
P.S. Although initially disappointed, I’ve come to truly enjoy my second winter of IID. Not only do I play on a kick ass team with experienced captains, a knowledgeable coach, and many IAD-caliber teammates, the athletic competition on every opposing squad is preparing me for next summer. More important than all of that, I'm having fun...which is what ultimate is all about.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Man-crush definition: Respect, admiration and idolization of another man. Non-sexual.
Post a Comment