Saturday, February 7, 2009

Week 10 Recap

"Great defense James!"
Will Lucky - proving just how drunk he was last night.

"The models this year are all so thin, unlike the hippos last year!"
25's Boss

As my feet unthaw, and I chill in my cool new Kyber sweater, listening to the #1 bus putterring down Bank Street, thought I'd recap this past week in ultimate.

- Worked out with Triple S on Monday, which was a great way to start the week.
- After lifting weights on Tuesday and Wednesday, I thought Wednesday's game against Grey would be a breeze. Damn was I wrong. It ended up being a game of momentum, where we go off to a quick start, they came back, we got another jump after half, they came back, then they had a late game surge to put it out of reach, despite us scoring the last 3 points. Final score was 19 - 17 for Grey.
- The high-light / low-light was playing 9 out of the last 10 points. Don't get me wrong, I love PT, but there's no way I should be playing that much. Worse, despite my fitness being "good", I was exhausted during a couple of those points, and ended up losing some defensive match-ups I should have won. The high-light comes from the aspect that none of the guys (and Mama Fish) on my team seem to think twice about letting me stay out to play a stretch like that in a crucial period of the game.
- #24 motivated me to go to KJ's class on Thursday, since I wouldn't have went if not for driving her. Ended up losing 15 1-on-1 sprints against McHolla....but no excuses....he wanted them more.
- My tank was still empty going into Friday's game against PowerThirst. Even though they're the bottom team in the league, they have three great players I love matching up against (Lucky, Chenmen, and BJ). The FMers are really starting to gel, as we proved by going on a huge 10-2 run to win the game 24-14.
- High-light...for the team, it was showing the 'killer instinct', and the personal performances of a few players who's development is apparent (such as Big John Stud). Personally, I had a nice sky catch for a point.
- Low-light...there were two discs thrown toward the sidelines, that I got a hand on, but couldn't catch. Should have layed out for both to increase my chances.

Getting together with the two fishies tomorrow for our weekend workout, and took part in a photo shoot with some ultimate peeps today. Yup, apparently practicing Zoolander with Fish all summer has helped my modeling skills? *haha*. Since my cable has been out since Thursday (missed the Office *sigh*), I'm planning on a chill night. My batterries are in major need of a recharge. Until next time, happy hucking!

No comments: