Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Week 10 Picks + Stick Figures Celebrating!

"Celebrate good times, come on!
It's a celebration!
Celebrate good times, come on!
Let's celebrate!"
Kool and the Gang - Celebrate Good Times

I'm going to level with you: I've been too busy to think through picks this week. The picks below represent my gut reaction when seeing the scheduled games. If you care to read on, there is of course a BIG bonus for those of you who enjoy poorly drawn celebrating stick figures with frisbees....
2 x 12 vs. Ocho

Although I have no doubt that Salmon's squad will play hard, I suspect that getting upset last week will wreak havoc on the confidence of a couple of their less experienced players. Confidence that will be further obliterated when the well-coached Ocho machine raynes down points on them. I'll take Ocho to win by more than 5.

Threezerburn vs. 4 Girls 1 Cup

Threezerburn's overabundance of athletic cutters is in stark contrast to 4 Girls 1 Cup's multitude of experienced handlers. Alas, if forced to pick between athleticism and experience, I'll go with athleticism and pick Threezerburn. Before I forget, ChowareyouSTILLonlya4inLeagueWonder had an insane sky and a sick bid in the five minutes I saw him play last week. Seriously, how that kid is not playing in IAD, I will NEVER know. I can't wait to share the field with him on Mondays this summer….

Children of the Corn vs. Army of Darkness

If super sub Pete is healthy enough to play for the kiddies, and RPAlex's ankle is healed, this will be the game of the night. I refuse to pick a favorite in that potential battle of the big men, but think Corn's talented ladies will be the difference in leading their team to a close win.

Grey vs. Hammers

Although Grey upset us in round 1, with DGo back displaying his handling dominance, EverYoung off the continent, and Nurple 55% happier due to the return of the O-Train, it'll be all Hammers this time around! Although Grey is a well-coached squad, the Bosslady has stepped up her game in the last few weeks, dispensing insightful pearls of wisdom to her prized pupils (and me!). The result? Hammers to win by 3.

Predicted Quote of the Week:

To Golentement, while she's covering Giddy-up, with yours truly as the center handler.
"Yo Tanya, Lauren's going to strike long on you for a point, and you're not catching her."
- PN55

Bonus:
This was a request from a stick-figure-loving friend and a team-mate in need of some endzone celebration ideas.
Go HERE!

If you'd like the orginal file, just drop me a line and I'll hook you up. Until next time, happy hucking (and celebrating)!

No comments: