"I've seen better days, I've been star of many plays.
I've seen better days and the bottom drops out. "
Sublime - I've Seen Better Days
Since I now have the reputation for being emo, might as well live up to it with those lyrics ;-) After mistakenly drinking a cup of coffee today (what was I thinking?), at half-past-midnight, I have just enough energy to write my 10 minute weekly recap.
- With OC Transpo service restored (more or less, 19 times out of 20, as long as you don't have to get anywhere fast), the starry-eyed one joined s-cubed and I for a Monday workout. We were one gunslinger away from reuniting the fab-Fish-four!
- I did another running interval workout on Tuesday. Afterall, when Glum Ford tells you to work on your 1st step speed in the winter, you do it!
- Wednesday was kinda tough, but it ended well. Having been bullied as a child (you'd be suprised at how many people pick on the tall kid as a way of proving how tough they are), it doesn't really phase me.
- As for the happy ending, at the risk of sounding conceited...I played my best game of the winter on Wednesday :) How awesome was it? Even Mahatma broke down and complimented one of my throws *haha*. Better yet, my team seems to have found our grove, and beat the top ranked team in round one, in order to establish ourselves as the top ranked team in round two.
- Thursday I ran 5 sets of 4 x 15 seconds with 30 seconds between reps, and about 3 minutes between sets. It was a hell of a workout.
- Friday's game was frusterating. With 8 guys, it was hard to get in a grove. With only 2 girls after the first couple of points, well, they must have been exhausted. My decision making was awful, and our team just had an off night in general. We'll bounce back next week.
- Hit up the intermediate clinic Saturday morning. Got some excellent advice about stepping more to the side on my backhand hucks and BF throws. With A. Corey, K. Crump, Bryce, and Mr. Callaghan, they had a all-star crop of instructors. There was a wide range of players there, including two very advanced women, and a tall guy (Tower?) from IAD who I've played against a few times before. In the post-clinic scrimmage, my black team won!
- I always feel that I get my money's worth in clinics, and this one was no exception. The defensive positioning and strategy portion, although short, was well worth the $20 fee by itself.
Damn, that took me 12 minutes...2 more than allotted. As long as I'm in OT, I'm thinking of a new goal for the summer. Even if I fall short, at least I'll have given it a go. Not something I'm ready to share quite yet, but....I"ll keep you posted. Until next time, happy hucking!
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment