“I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
- Mark Twain
With a perfect week of picking behind me, it’s time to get back to what I do best – screwing up. Although no monumental blunders are anticipated, given my history, I wouldn’t bet against them...*thinking of other influential people to call "tools"*.
Hammers over Corn
This is shaping up as a battle of the league’s two top handlers. In one corner, the pride of Peterborough will be slinging discs to lucky team-mates who he transforms into all-starved cutters. In the other corner, DGo will throw fire to red-hot receivers all game long. The difference will be a top secret Hammers super-sub, who has GUARANTEED me at least 3 different scoring celebrations.
Ocho in a nail-biter against Cup
In their last two games, Cup looks like a vastly improved team (in no small part due to one disc-duffer who has made a strong case for a recall). However, my prediction is that Cup goes on a winning streak that starts next week, instead of against the well-coached Ocho. To the cuppers and cuppies who read this, I truly hope you prove me wrong and start your streak against Ocho.
Army in a cake walk over 2x12s.
Even with their standout player / “good driver” slowed by groin issues (my advice: stop pulling it), Army’s on a roll lately. On the other hand, despite a multitude of talent, 2x12s can’t seem to break out of their current slump. Army should win this one convincingly, especially if their pretty-picture-taking hucker hooks up with the Shocker.
Threezerburn to outlast Grey
As much as I respect Grey and their awesome coaches, Threezerburn has a more exciting style of play. As a defender, and even a spectator, the Threezies have proved their good nature by throwing their patented break-side skubers at my request. The only reason I hesitate to choose the Theeze to win in a blow-out, is that there’s a junior player on Grey who will undoubtedly distract she-who-mustn’t-be-thrown-to.
Predicted Quote of the Week:
During Hammers/Corn match by the disc-slinger after one of his many assists:
“That’s why they call me Pistol!”
(while blowing imaginary gun smoke off his fingers)
If I seem more focused than usual tomorrow, it's because I have an important side-bet to win...not to worry though, I won't be point-shaving (sorry Andrew). Until next time, happy hucking!
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment