"Today I offer all myself to this, I'm living for my dying wish,
I give it all, now there's a reason, there's a reason, to give it all."
Rise Against - Give It All
Decided on the above quote since it's passionate...and I've had a hard time with that lately. Since the Spring Shootout (SS) tournament is already a bit hazy in mind, here's a quick recap.
- The tourney was well-organized, and the level of competition was awesome.
- Yes, I got my ass kicked, but not as badly as I predicted.
- My team went 0-3, but losing to an Alexander-stacked squad, Green’s team, and a Phoenix D-line heavy team was nothing to get down about.
- We did sub-on-the-fly during our last two games, and it was draining. With 7 guys on the field, non-stop action, and only 3 subs, breaks on the sideline were brief. Thanks to a couple of blog readers and ulty peeps for the great advice of subbing when on O.
- High-light was making one of the Phoenix D-line guys curse when I caught a high disc that he expected to D. After that catch, when he was marking me, I did a decent job as decoy in an effort to take him out of the play.
- Secondary high-light was the re-establishment of the King Connection for a few scores! Whoever’s keeping track of my supposed ‘man crushes’ should probably add my fitness guru to the list.
- Low-light is the physical toll playing 3 games against open guys took on my body. My wrists, shoulders, chest, groin, and right ankle have ached ever since Saturday.
- Stuck around and caught the all-star game at the end. There was this kid in a blue shirt that made some spectacular bids.
In case you were wondering whether or not to try tomorrow night at FCS, here are my quick picks for the week.
* Ocho over Grey. Props to Ken for a well-deserved re-call to the big league, but Grey will miss him against a well-coached Ocho squad.
* 2 x 12s in a nail-biter over 4 Girls, 1 Cup. It'll be close, but 4 Girls, 1 Cup super-striker will be saving herself for her second game of the night.
* Hammers over Threeze. I'm hoping the magazine cover will go to Chow's head, and he'll forget about marking me ;-)
* Corn on universe over Army. RPAlex made a beautiful end-zone D in the SS, but his opponents will all be carbo-loaded on corn which will let them squeek out a win.
* Predicted Quote of the Week:
"Tsk, tsk....running Seattle is always a challenge for you IID players."
- Mr. SOTG
Before I forget, if any of you have tips about playing ultimate in the snow, feel free to send them my way before the weekend. Until next time, happy hucking!
Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment