Tuesday, March 24, 2009

A-Toad-A-So x 2!

"Nothing hurting. Nothing sore. No one suffers anymore.
The doctor's found a simple cure.
Just in time.
All these things if I were King would all appear around me.
The world will sing when I am King.
The world will sing when I am King."
Great Big Sea - When I Am King (and possibly my new theme song???)

After picking all four games correctly last week, the disc slinger saying the predicted quote, and winning enough purple candy to make my stomach ache in a side bet, I’m an even happier hucker than usual. With the last week of the regular season upon us (hip hip…), might as well see if I can continue my hot streak. Onto the quick picks.

Threezerburn over Cup
Although I said Cup would start a winning streak this week, after finding out their first round opponents in the playoffs, I’m less enthused with the prospective streak.

*Side ramble: A 1/8 playoff game…seriously? Maybe a few intra-game trades would make the contest more competitive (i.e. one happy hucker for another?).

Ocho inching out Army
In the game of the night, my money is on the strong team play of Ocho to overcome the uber-talented individuals on Army.

Corn to run over Grey
With better attendance, their primary handler coming off a huge win / domination last Friday, and IID’s most attractive CMA poised to strike, the kiddies will bounce back from last week’s setback.

Hammers to nail 2x12s
Player-for-player, I think 2x12s have the most talent in the league. Given their record, something is clearly not clicking for them. Although I’m confident that Salmon will resolve whatever ails 2x12s, it won’t happen til after this week.

Predicted Quote of the Week:
A Hammer explaining an overthrown disc:
“It was the steroids in those genetically modified strawberries last week!”

With the playoffs approaching, if you find yourself taking your game too seriously this week (or ever), I recommend you print off a copy of PMo’s latest forum post to keep you laughing. Although I don’t particularly enjoy playing against him, he’s quickly becoming my favorite frisbee humorist. Until next time, happy hucking.

No comments: