Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mid March Week Recap

"Why do you have a diary?" – Michael Scott
"To keep secrets from my computer." – Dwight K Shrute

With respect to my last set of predictions: a-toad-a-so! Pretty sure that’s my first (and likely last) week of perfect predictions.

- Monday’s workout was low-key, with most of the usual suspects still sore from Snowplate…or from confusing kilograms with pounds.
- I went into Wednesday’s game prepared for a hard test, that didn’t materialize. With a full line-up, we got off to a quick start, and cruised to a 24-17 victory.
- No personal high-lights or low-lights, as I basically did what I needed to do to help my team win.
- Odd play of the day: After a timeout, we put our two ladies in the endzone and I was just outside with the disc. I think Grey tried to set up a clam D, but it left our girl at the front of the stack wide open. How open was she? Even I couldn’t screw up that pass.
- Non-personal high-light of the night: The uber sheikh, tres advanced, fashionable garb that was captured on film ;-)
- Thursday’s class was…sparsely attended. My over-matched, pom-pom-less partner had the misfortune of losing [edited at the request of the pom-pom-less partner] five of six [taking a washroom break mid-sprint probably wasn't the smartest idea] our head-to-head sprints :P
- Finishing Move beat PowerThirst 19-15 last night to help ensure we finish top four and have a chance at the hotly contested Friday night title.
- High-light was the challenging match-ups. There are 3 guys who I like trying to D on that team. One seemed a bit tired (post-Sudbury-soreness-syndrome?), but the other two gave me all I could handle.
- Low-light, hmmm, I didn’t have a lot of fun. Purely my fault though.

Sometime last week, or possibly the week before, I found out that I’m no longer on Urban Sprawl (my former Friday summer team). It’s probably for the best, as I wouldn’t be in town enough to make it financially worthwhile. Even though it was frustrating last summer, it’ll be hard to leave behind that group of people. On the bright side, I think US will be better off without their happiest hucker’s inconsistent attendance. Plus, they'll face more consistent opponents which should help their development. There’s a couple of Friday teams who’ve asked me to jump ship in the past, so maybe I’ll sub for some of them…

Lastly, I’m happy to report that my traffic is finally starting to die down and level off. I can’t promise the entries will be less bland, but I do have some nicknames I’ve been itching to try out ;-) Until next time, happy hucking!

2 comments:

Nanny Girl said...

Even though you won't be playing with US we will still miss you. You brought a different look to the game for us. Something other than just hucking and catching in the end zone ;).

GStar said...

Wait a minute – that's not what i heard from your pom-pom-less partner... Hmmm...