"Wasting time
That's all you'll do if you're waiting for me
Wasting time
I don't want what you think I need"
Collective Soul - Wasting Time
Here are six ulty tidbits that are about half cooked. If this blog was the Frisbee equivalent of Tim Horton's you'd owe me a loonie ;-)
- Great to see OCUA brought back pick-up at BFP and the Hornet's Nest this winter. Too bad that they put up the price at BFP by 50%, and chose to have it on Thursday night (KJ classes) in Gloucester.
- The more people I find out are in Wednesday IID, the more I'm looking forward to a really awesome league. My only concern is that the quality of women players will be lower than last year.
- Speaking of IID, last year I signed up with "Aarmon of Steele", but this year he's playing with his wife. I asked Steve "Chowareyouonlya4inLeagueWonder" only to find out he signed up with someone this winter (but is "down for a 3-some" if Mehmet permits lol). Since I'm generally impressed with the level of male players in IID, I'm going to roll the dice and trust the Great Kamasutra to put me on a decent team. On my "wish list" for said team: one handler who I can learn from, one cutter who I can learn from, one defender I can learn from, and a captain who focuses on improvement as opposed to winning.
- Keeping track of the Capitals and GLUM at the UPAs on Friday via the score reporter was quite addictive. I was really pulling for the Ageless Wonder and GLUM to turn some heads. Congrats to GLUM for giving the eventual champs their biggest test with a 15-13 squeaker in the last game in pool play.
- Nice to see some new blood step up and claim three Board seats on OCUA. Volunteers are the heart and soul of the ultimate community, and we should all give them thanks whenever we can.
- *Polishes own horn in preparation of blowing it* Between KJ classes, Fish workout routines (soon to be increased to two a week), and my own plugging away at the gym, I've been able to increase the weight for my three sets of ten bench presses up to *deep breath* 180 lbs. Not that it makes me a better ultimate player (unless we start using a much heavier disc and are mandated to throw hammers), but it does show how much my general strength has improved over the last year (I started my reps at 100lbs…and had trouble with that).
One last bonus tidbit (think of it as a baker's half dozen).
- It was amusing to see several ultimate players' choices in Halloween costumes this past week. If memory serves, we had an angel (didn't fool anyone!), a devil, superman, a Scottsman, a go-go dancer, a suave singing telegrammer, and an uber cool 70s pimp. Psychologically speaking, makes me wonder if our playing styles relate to our costume choices?? :P
So yeah, enjoying my week off, working out lots, doing tons of physio exercises for my groin, keeping busy at work, and trying my best to get ready for indoor. I have a fun idea for a mid-next-week entry, so I'll get to work on that soon. Until next week, happy hucking!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Well, duh. Everyone knows i'm Superman on the field - haven't you seen me fly on those layouts yet?
G-star flying on layouts....*searching memory*...nope! :P
I wonder, if you're Superman while playing, does that infer that I pimp out my team-mates for my own gain??
Post a Comment