"Ho, ho, ho
It's magic, you know
Never believe it's not so."
Pilot - Magic
With the bus strike being over, and the possibility of being able to board the O-Train on Monday, I'm a very happy hucker :P Below is a quick recap of my ultimate activities of the past week.
- Did some weights Monday and Wednesday, and took Tuesday completely off. Thought about running, but decided against it since I've been feeling like a cold or bronchial infection is coming on.
- Wednesday's game against Army of Darkness was completely different than I predicted. We were down late in the game, but scored four times in a row to take a two point lead…which we subsequently blew in the last two minutes. The result was 16-16 tie. Given how I played, I was actually quite happy with the tie to end round one.
- Generally, the low-light for me was defense. After finding out RPAlex's wasn't fully recovered, I turned off the intensity, and it really showed. I must have been broken five or six times. In a particularly pathetic scenario, I ran down a high disc thrown to Bush in the endzone, but went up WAY too early. Mr. Bush ended up coming down with the disc as I laid on the ground *sigh*.
- High-light was skying two guys on Army and throwing an easy pass to super sub Pete for a point. It was my first true sky in IID this winter (sad but true).
- One of the benefits of driving some people to Michelle's class on Thursday, is that I feel the obligation to show up, no matter how much I want to skip it. With McHolla expecting me, despite feeling sick, and having a whole 5 minutes to change and grab supper at home (mom's homemade quiche..mmmm), I hauled ass to get there, and had a decent time running after the Demonic one all night.
- I know, I know, I continue to break my rule of not racing him, but, since he's a cutter on the A-team, he's a great person to measure myself against. Plus, if I can push myself to keep up with him, the guys on Fish and our competition won't seem as tough.
- The game against Friday Night Live was awesome. It was the first time this season that Finishing Move had our entire roster out, and all 12 team members contributed to smoke FNL (the top team in the league). The final score was about 21 - 14.
- There were multiple high-lights, but the two that spring to mind were Hello Jessie's (somewhat forced) endzone celebration after tearing down a pretty pass. The other obvious high-light was my pink-shorted co-captain's Callahan while her Stella friend looked on in disbelief.
- No personal high-lights or low-lights, since it was a team effort that made the win so sweet.
- I hauled my ass out of bed at noon today to workout with Triple S and McHolla. The weights went up in the two-arm deadlift to PB levels :)
- Another thing that seems to be picking up steam this week is players want to get their summer teams set. Although I can respect the ambition and organization of these individuals, stop making me feel like such a slacker! :P The only thing I've done on the summer league front is non-committally told my Monday captain I'd "probably" be back depending on comp tryouts.
The other odd thing that happenned today is that I stumbled across my first 'hater' online. I won't give him the satisfaction of linking his blog, but buddy out of Toronto clearly misunderstands that my blog is not about "credible ultimate information". It's a sad reflection of society when adults feel the need to insult strangers as a way to make themselves feel better. Aren't there magical pills for that these days???
On a happier note, while drinking at the A&L, I was given an excellent idea for a future post. I only hope you all enjoy my stick figures ;-) Until next time, happy hucking!
Saturday, January 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment