"Had you thrown that half court hammer, I would have benched you!"
S. GinnandJuice - 1 year ago, to his former (not-so-)prized pupil.
Let's see if I can make it through this Wednesday night without the league coordinator loudly pointing out my mistakes. Oh, and I might as well pick 4 games and 1 quote correctly while I'm at it....
Grey vs. Hammers
Captains GinnandJuice and Bowsdoesthisitch will be out to teach their former (not-so-)prized pupil a thing or two in the opening game of the night. An interesting subplot will be the match-up of former Fish speedster Giddy-up against current Fish speed demon Golontements. With Grey's Deefense CanWaite trash-talking me via Facebook status-comments, I might have to enlist my fellow slag-star Rigid to find a way to quiet the fiery redhead so that I can concentrate on shutting down Kennifer Langandtall on defense, which could prove to be a tall order. Expect a spirited game with Hammer newbie Jenny Go-Leng proving her cutting dominance to lead the Hammers to a close win.
Threezerburn vs. Army of Darkness
In order to improve my predicting accuracy percentage by 25% a week, I'm going stop picking Threezerburn to win until such a time when Mahatma comes to his senses and gives them the handler they so desperately need. Non-Reza-friend Ja'red LaRouge bolsters the team with the best cutters in the league, but a handler he is not. On the other hand, the "loss" of Army's third best cutter (IMHO) to IAD has opened up more striking space for IID's power couple – Mr. & Mrs. Bush. Downtown Dave Brown will huck it long all night long, leading Army to a double digit win.
2 x 12s vs. Ocho
Salmon has the 12s playing decent ultimate, but not quite good enough to beat Ocho...yet. It was odd that Ocho didn't get dismantled in the holiday shake-up, since they have a solid team from top-to-bottom. In order to promote equality in the league, I've decided to unmask one of the leagues' "quiet killers" each week. This week's lucky (?) wiener is Liz No-breaks Drake of Ocho, who's fast, smart, and skilled. My advice to Salmon's squad is to come out with a little more intensity, and be ready to run all night against Ocho. I'm looking for Tree Thompson to bounce back after a valiant effort last week.
Children of the Corn vs. 4 Girls 1 Cup
Pistol Pete did an admirable job last week throwing his patented bullet passes and replacing his two ex-team-mates now honing their skills in the big league. I'd expect more of the same from young Peter as he faces his kilted-rival McKeggar (thanks to Rigid for the nickname) on 4 Girls 1 Cup. Using my insider knowledge, I'm betting on the Children since 4 Girls 1 Cup will be without star-striker Hello Jessie. All bets are off if McKeggar pulls out his not-so-secret finishing move.
Predicted Quote of the Week
From Deefense CanWaite to PN55 after being destroyed by the Hammers:
"Now that was a destruction."
On a serious note, I'm super pumped about both ulty games this week. Not only do I get to face my two former captains tomorrow, I get to do it again on Friday night. If only it wasn't -40, and the busses were running, I'd be a happy lad. Until next time, happy hucking!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ocho and Army of Darkness were both upset last night and Children came close to it.
The Ocho lost their best handler, possibly one of the best in IID, Richard Gregory, to Threezerburn, giving them that desperately needed fast, accurate handler. The combination of Gregory, Dierdre Moran, who had a great game on O and D, and Jared was too much for the Army.
The weakened Ocho fell to Salmon's methodical O, but was a tight and entertaining game.
4 Girls/1 Cup picked up a very fast cutter (who is a terror on D) who just returned from school in Peterborough. With the Corn still trying to work out thier post-OJ offense, they capitalized on the many turnovers. After tying it up 20-20 with ten minutes left, hard headed players clashed, bogging the rest of the game down in calls. The Children very narrowly took the last three points.
Of note, Pistol Pete started the game the same way his last one ended, with a crazy layout for the point.
Which still hurts, BTW.
Post a Comment