"O.K. I may have offended a few and yes, I may have gotten a little stupid here -- but so did you – and at least I was trying."
PM-o's weekend rant on the carbon flip
If I get around to it, I'm planning to post my thoughts on the proposed 'Carbon Flip' later this week. In the mean-time, if you're looking for cheap entertainment, I highly recommend PM-o's rant in the OCUA forums. It was definitely the most...unique...post on a somewhat controversial topic. Beside reading the forums, I had a fun week of ultimate.
- Did the KJ workout plan with Triple S on Monday and was able to increase the weights in a couple of the lifting exercises relatively easily. The step-up lunges are by far the toughest exercises for me...which probably means I need them the most.
- Wednesday's tilt with Children of the Corn (or Porn if you're to beleive Invincable EverYoung) was surprising since the Hammers pulled off a 20-18 win. Without the two junoirs, the kiddies were more our speed, and we managed to hand them the first loss of the season.
- There's been this weird trend hapenning on Wednesdays. When we have 7 guys, I tend to play A LOT. I'll put it as a high-light since my fitness has put me in a position to handle it. The odd thing is that the guys on my team seem to be fine with me playing 3 and 4 point stretches....
- Personal low-light was a bunch (5ish) of long hucks thrown away. In my defense, most of these came when we were pushed deep in our endzone, I made a decision to punt. Still have to decrease the number of throwaways as the season progresses.
- Thursday's class with Michelle went well....although I did break my "Don't race Demonic Kwok" rule. He seems to gain distance on me while changing directions...something I must have to work on.
- Friday's loss to the Lizbeings was a heart-breaker since we had a chance to tie one of the top teams in the league. After coming back from 17-14 to make 17-16, the Lizbeings got some lucky bounces on the last point to win 18-16.
- High-light was seeing the fighting spirit of our team who never gave up. Being a short-manned (and womanned), I was so proud of the way we stuck with a top team and made it so close.
- Low-lights were my many bad throwing decisions. I have to play smarter when I'm handling...that's all I have to say about that.
- Got together with Mr. Twopointer to go through KJ's routine earlier today. There's definitely some silent pushing eachother when we're lifting...which is great.
So that was my week as it relates to ultimate in a nutshell. There's one other thing I've decided...and that's that I'll be playing Fridays this summer. I really look forward to playing on Friday nights since it's a great way to end the week. Not sure I'll be back with Sprawl, since I found that very frustrating last year....but, just not ready to give up playing Fridays. Until next time, happy hucking!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment